Saturday, November 3, 2012
Now We're REALLY Building a House
When I started this blog a year ago, I thought we'd be done by now.
SURPRISE!
Well, there have been a few hurdles on the way, most of which can be chalked up to the phenomenon we might call OII (Only in Israel).
We endured a great deal of frustration in having to wait, but our patience seems to have paid off. Various things that need to be dealt with by the authorities here in terms of actually making sure our lot does not turn into a swimming pool appear to be in the process of being deal with.
And so we are back on track. A few minor changes to the plans, and a great many interviews with contractors, and it seems we have indeed found the right person to build our house.
Which is exciting. And anxiety-inducing.
We sign the contract next week. You know...the one with all the big scaaaary numbers.
I'll tell you all about our contractor soon.
Wish us well and send calming thoughts so we don't panic at the last moment.
Thanks for asking about our progress! We look forward to reporting as we move ahead.
(this post not really written on shabbat, I just have the time zone set wrong!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment